Some of the most interesting information about Colorado fun facts is the history behind the discovery and development of the state.
We'll start with the historical data from Colorado's past.
* State Name: Colorado, Spanish for red, named for the Colorado River;
* Nickname: Centennial State, Colorado became a state on July 4, 1876;
* Moto: "Nothing without Providence";
* Flower: Blue/Lavender Columbine;
* Bird: Lark;* Animal: Big Horn Sheep;
* Tree: Colorado Blue Spruce;
* Fossil: Stegosaurus;
* Song: "Where the Columbines Grow";
* Flag: 3 stripes, 2 blue and one white. Red "C" circled by gold disk to the left.
The following fun facts I found during the course of my research into different subjects. For instance, did you know:
* Dogs were pets of the Native Americans since 100 A.D.;
* The Ute Indians brewed and drank peppermint tea to cure a stomach ache;
* The first car seen in Denver was in the year 1899. The vehicle cost $750:
* Colorado is twice the size of Massachusetts and England:
*In the 1890's a good saddle horse cost around $60;
* Colorado has had over 100 different railroads between the mid 1800's and early 1900's;
* There are only two Indian reservations left in the state of Colorado;
* Inland ocean artifacts can be found in the sandstone of the Colorado National Monument;
* Colorado has the highest paved highway in the U.S., to the summit of Mt. Evans;
* 90% of Coloradans live on the eastern slope of the state.
Hope you enjoy these Colorado fun facts. Some of the information I didn't know about either!